Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chinese Chicken Salad & Tomato Basil Soup

We wanted something fairly simple and healthy for dinner, so we chose Chinese Chicken Salad and Tomato Basil Soup.The soup fit perfectly with the weather. Ira's version of tomato basil soup turned out real good. It competed with Safeway's tomato basil soup, which happens to be the best kind we've tasted yet. At first we thought it wouldn't taste as good because it wasn't as thick as we'd like. After tasting it a bit, I don't think it would have tasted as good if it were thicker. It had the right amount of tomato and cream. Next time we'll try more basil though.

The salad could have used more dressing, but it was still pretty tasty. We need a crusher for the ramen noodles. Super easy to make. Just cabbage, crushed ramen noodles and shredded chicken. I did cheat though and use the pre-baked chicken at Lucky's. Next time I'll make it all from scratch, when I'm less hungry.

Overall, a very yummy dinner. The only thing missing was garlic bread to go with the soup. I think I can eat this forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment