Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sun Tacos; San Diego, CA.

When you think of tacos, what do you think of? Taco Bell? I hope not. Don't get me wrong, Taco Bell is pretty good. Not healthy at all, but still does the job if you're craving tacos. When I think of tacos, I think of the homemade tacos; ground beef or turkey, salsa, sour cream, onions, etc. There's always something special about homemade tacos. Personally, even though it's not "real" tacos, I prefer the crunchy shells over the soft tortilla's.

I always love to find new hole-in-the-wall taco joints where I'm at. My sister-in-law and her husband kept raving about the burrito's at Sun Tacos in San Diego that we had to try. According to them, the taco places in the Bay Area was just not the same. We finally got a chance to go try it out when we were at San Diego for a visit. I was a little skeptical though because it only got 3.5 stars on Yelp. I didn't try the burrito, but it did look pretty tasty.

However, I did try their tacos. I wasn't too hungry, so I just asked for 2 tacos. I should've been warned! When you think of tacos, this is what you should think of...
Now these were some tasty tacos. Jam packed with meat, sour cream, and everything else. Now this is what you call a taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment