Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Potato & Smoked Salmon Frittata

This recipe is pretty easy to make. It's almost like comfort food, except not as heavy. The main ingredients are egg, potatoes, baked salmon and dill. I want to figure out how to bake the top better. The recipe said to put a heated flat pan on the top of the skillet, but we put the skillet in the oven instead. It sounded a little weird to put a pot over the skillet. I'll have to research that a little more. I decided to use our Le Creuset cast iron skillet for this dish. Man is that thing heavy. Either way, it was the perfect size and seemed to cook the dish well. Plus, I'm anemic so I was able to receive more iron because of the skillet.

I was hesitant about the dish because I'm not too fond of very strong herbs. (Dill, cilantro, etc.) Surprisingly, I liked it. The dill blended well with the smoked salmon and eggs. Smoked salmon can be pricey, so we chose a large one from Costco so that we can make other dishes with it. Next time, I'll have to add more smoked salmon. It definitely needed more on the top. I also made a sour cream and lemon mix to have with it on the side. I made sure to put extra lemon to add more flavor. Overall, I was very happy with the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment