Friday, June 4, 2010

Stella D'oro's "S" Cookies

There are always those childhood memories and food that would always bring you back. These cookies are one of them for me. My dad used to buy this every now when we were young for us. I had a craving for them awhile back, but I could not find them at all! It didn't help that I couldn't remember the name of the cookies. I only knew them as "S" cookies, and how they were packaged. I finally found them and had to have them. They're made from Stella D'oro. The packaging is normally a clear plastic bag, but the one I found was a nice white box.

I was wondering if I would still love the cookies now that I'm older. My first bite, and yup, I still love them. They've got a distinct almond taste, crumbly, but soft on the inside. The only downside is that it's about 90 calories per cookie. Very sad. So I only have one a day with my coffee in the morning. Such a wonderful way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment